Meetings are the second Friday of each month year-round and cycle through a four-topic rotation.
Meet & Greet at 10:15 AM
Meetings begin at 10:30 AM
Below is a sampling of the topics that might be discussed:
I. The Advantages of Breastfeeding
Jan 12, May 11, Sep 14, 2018
- What preparations should be made before baby arrives?
- What makes human milk the superior infant food?
- What are the advantages to the mother, father, and siblings?
II. There's a New Baby in Your Life
Feb 9, Jun 8, Oct 12, 2018
- How does baby get started breastfeeding?
- How often/long should baby nurse?
- How do meals and housework get done with a new baby?
- What is the father’s role?
III. Breastfeeding & Avoiding Difficulties
Mar 9, Jul 13, Nov 9, 2018
- What if baby seems fussy all the time?
- How do other parents handle nighttime waking?
- Can sore nipples be helped or prevented?
IV. Nutrition & Weaning
Apr 13, Aug 10, Dec 14, 2018
- Why breastfeed beyond three months?
- What are the best foods to feed a baby? A toddler?
- When and how does baby wean?