Meetings are the second Friday of each month year-round and cycle through a four-topic rotation.
Meet & Greet at 10:15 AM
Meetings begin at 10:30 AM
Below is a sampling of the topics that might be discussed:
I. The Advantages of Breastfeeding
May 12, Sep 8, 2017
- What preparations should be made before baby arrives?
- What makes human milk the superior infant food?
- What are the advantages to the mother, father, and siblings?
II. There's a New Baby in Your Life
Feb 10, Jun 9, Oct 13, 2017
- How does baby get started breastfeeding?
- How often/long should baby nurse?
- How do meals and housework get done with a new baby?
- What is the father’s role?
III. Breastfeeding & Avoiding Difficulties
Mar 10, Jul 14, Nov 3 (one week early due to Veterans Day), 2017
- What if baby seems fussy all the time?
- How do other parents handle nighttime waking?
- Can sore nipples be helped or prevented?
IV. Nutrition & Weaning
Apr 7 (one week early due to Good Friday), Aug 11, Dec, 2017
- Why breastfeed beyond three months?
- What are the best foods to feed a baby? A toddler?
- When and how does baby wean?